I love how these felt paper clip bookmarks turned out! They are so fun and colorful and easy to make.
Kids will love using them at home and at school. My daughter has already claimed them and whisked them away to her room!
We love making bookmarks. Take a look at these unique watercolor bookmarks that would make a great gift idea!
For this project, I created a printable to make this craft even easier for you. This template is available to my email subscribers as part of my free printable resource library (which is full of awesome stuff!). Sign up to my email list below to gain instant access.
After confirming your email subscription you will receive a welcome email with all of the sign-in details. Scroll down to the bottom to sign up.
Create your own felt paper clip bookmarks
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. I received the products “FunFuzzies” and “TackFuzzies” from Cycero Art Supplies for the purposes of this review; all opinions expressed are my own. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Felt sheets in different colors, we used 2 different kinds of felt sheets for this project, FunFuzzies (which are stiff felt sheets) and TackFuzzies (which have an adhesive backing).
- 2-inch paper clips, we used colorful paper clips but you can use any type you have
- Printable template
1. Print out your bookmark templates onto regular white printer paper and cut them out.
2. Kids can choose the colors they would like to use for their bookmarks. I love how colorful the felt pieces are!
For the biggest shape, use a piece FunFuzzies stiff felt without an adhesive backing. Trace the shape and cut out.
The star shape is an easy one for kids to cut on their own. Younger kids may need some help cutting the other shapes. This felt is very easy to cut!
3. For the next 2 sizes of your shapes, you want to use the TackFuzzies felt that has an adhesive backing. This makes it super easy! There is no gluing needed and they stick together really well.
Cut out the other 2 shapes that you need, peel off the backing and stick them down.
You can also just use the FunFuzzies if you like and glue your design together.
4. Attaching the paper clip is super easy. Cut out a strip of the TackFuzzies peel off the backing and stick the paper clip down to the back of the bookmark like in the picture above.
I just love the bright colors of these felt paper clip bookmarks! They were super easy to make and look adorable in a book or notebook.
The FunFuzzies are a stiff felt that are really easy to cut and come in nice bright colors and the TackFuzzies make sticking pieces of felt together a breeze! They both come in handy storage containers, making it easy to keep all the colors together and also store your scraps of felt.
More fun back to school crafts you will love
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin this craft for later
- Printable template
- Colorful felt sheets (we used FunFuzzies stiff felt sheets and TackFuzzies which have an adhesive backing)
- 2-inch Paper clips
- Print out your template onto white printer paper and cut your shapes out.
- Kids can choose the colors they want for their shapes. Trace the biggest shape first using a stiff felt sheet and cut it out.
- Trace your other 2 shapes using the TackFuzzies with the adhesive backing and cut them out.
- Peel the adhesive backing off of your shapes and stick them down, finishing off your design.
You can also just use the FunFuzzies stiff felt sheets and glue your design together.
- To attach the paper clip to the back, cut a strip of a sticky felt sheet, peel off the backing and stick it down over the paper clip. The adhesive is very strong and sticks well!