This DIY unicorn notebook is so pretty and easy to make, you will definitely want to make more than one! A perfect unicorn craft for older kids and tweens that also makes a great handmade gift kids can make for their friends.
We love all things unicorn! Check out this pretty DIY Unicorn Necklace Craft that kids will love to make.
This notebook is easy for kids to customize using different colors, and style of flowers, making each one totally unique!
For this project, I created a printable to make this craft even easier for you. This template is available to my email subscribers as part of my free printable resource library. Sign up to my email list below to gain instant access.
After confirming your email subscription you will receive a welcome email with all of the sign-in details. Scroll down to the bottom to sign up.
Create your own DIY unicorn notebook
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Printable template
- Notebooks, you can use any notebook, small journal or spiral notebook.
- Glitter paper in gold, silver, pink and the color you want to cover the notebook with. I used paper with an adhesive backing but you can also use regular glitter scrapbook paper and strong glue.
- Felt flowers
- Glue gun
- Black fine or extra-fine paint pen
1. Print out your unicorn printable template on white printer paper. I made 2 different sizes for you to choose from depending on the size of the notebook you use.
Cut out your templates and set them aside.
2. Choose the color you want to cover your notebook. We used an adhesive glitter paper that I found at the dollar store, making it super easy to cover our notebooks (and very inexpensive!).
If you can’t find any adhesive glitter paper, try using glitter cardstock and strong glue. You can also use regular colored cardstock paper for a completely different look!
Measure, cut and cover your notebook with your glitter paper. With the larger notebook, we just covered the front. With the smaller notebook, I was able to wrap my paper around, covering both the front and back.
3. Use the templates to trace and cut out your unicorn horn in gold and 2 sets of ears in silver and light pink. Place them down first to make sure you are happy with the placement.
If you use a pencil to lightly mark the spots where everything goes, it will make it easier for kids to stick down. Glue or stick down the horn and ears to your notebook.
4. Arrange your flowers on your notebook first, to get the placement right.
Using a glue gun, glue down your felt flowers, overlapping them slightly. We used 7 flowers for the large notebook and 4 flowers for the smaller one.
If you are using a high heat glue gun or are doing this craft with younger kids, this step should be done by an adult.
5. Using a pencil, lightly draw in the unicorn eyes. Trace over your pencil lines with a fine tip black paint pen.
If your paper is too shiny to draw with a paint pen, you could try using puffy fabric paint or even just cut out simple eyes with black cardstock and glue down.
I just love how this DIY unicorn notebook turned out! My daughter was so excited to make this together and wants to make more for Christmas gifts.
>> Click here to sign up for my email list and download your printable
More craft projects you will love
Mermaid DIY School Supplies Kids Can Make
How to Make Easy Felt Paper Clip Bookmarks
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin this unicorn craft for later
The Most Adorable DIY Unicorn Notebook
This DIY unicorn notebook is so easy to make and is absolutely adorable! The perfect unicorn craft for kids and tweens.
- Glitter scrapbook paper or glitter paper with adhesive backing
- Felt flowers
- Printable template
- Strong glue if using scrapbook paper
- Black fine-tip paint pen
- Glue gun
- Print out the unicorn template, cut out the pieces in the size that you need and set them aside.
- Choose a color to cover your notebook.
If you are using paper with an adhesive backing, measure, cut and cover your notebook with the paper. Depending on the size and of your notebook, you can cover just the front or both the front and back.
If you are using glitter paper and glue, cut your paper to size and glue to the front of your notebook.
- Use the templates to cut out a unicorn horn in gold paper and two sets of ears in silver and pink. Place the horn and ears down first and mark out where you want them to go.
Stick down or glue the horn and ears to your notebook.
- Arrange your felt flowers onto the notebook first before gluing down. We used 7 flowers for the larger notebook and 4 flowers for the smaller one.
Glue the flowers down using a glue gun.
If you are using a high-temperature glue gun or doing this with younger kids, this step should be done by an adult.
- Lightly draw out the unicorn eyes with a pencil first. Use a black paint pen to trace over the eyes.
If you are using a shiny glitter paper, try using puffy fabric paint for the eyes or cut out simple eyes with black paper and glue down.