Let dad know he’s the coolest with this fun and colorful popsicle Father’s Day card craft! This is a super easy craft that younger kids, as well as older kids, will love making. We had a lot of fun with this craft, painting the bright colors onto the popsicles and putting on the sunglasses and mustache accessories.
This card would go perfectly with our shrinky dinks Father’s Day keychain craft!
For this project, I created a printable to make this craft even easier for you. There are 3 mix and match designs to choose from including a generic “You’re the coolest” message on the back that kids can make for whoever they like!
This template is available to my email subscribers as part of my free printable resource library. Sign up to my email list below to gain instant access. After confirming your email subscription you will receive a welcome email with all of the sign in details. Scroll down to the bottom to sign up.
Create your own popsicle Father’s Day card craft
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
Supplies needed to make your printable Father’s Day popsicle craft
- Printable cards
- White cardstock
- Watercolor paints
- Popsicle sticks
- Glue stick
- Eye stickers or googly eyes
Instructions to make your Father’s Day card
1. First, download your free printable from my resource library and print it out onto white cardstock. There are 3 different mix and match designs to choose from, so you can print out 1 page or all 3!
I’ve included 2 accessories, a pair of sunglasses and a mustache and 3 different messages for the back of the card. “Dad, you’re the coolest”, “Grandpa, you’re the coolest”, and “You’re the coolest” for kids to give to whoever they like.
2. Paint or color your popsicle design and accessory you want to use. We used watercolor paints for the popsicles and markers for the sunglasses, mustache, and hearts on the back of the cards. Pencil crayons would also work.
There are so many creative design possibilities for the popsicles, kids can pick their dad’s favorite colors, they can do stripes, solid colors, polka dots, anything they like.
3. Once kids are done painting and coloring in their designs (and everything is dry), they can cut everything out. Using a glue stick, glue on the sunglasses or mustache and add the eye stickers or googly eyes. I love how cute the popsicles look with the bright colors and fun accessories!
4. To put the card together, glue the back of one of the cards, place a popsicle stick in the middle and the other card on top, pressing firmly.
I love how this popsicle Father’s Day card craft turned out! They are so fun and colorful and a super easy craft for kids of all ages that requires only a few supplies you likely have on hand already.
You can see the different options for the front of the cards above and the back of the cards below.
More Father’s Day crafts you will love
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.