We love making and giving homemade Valentine’s cards. My daughter likes to make them for her friends at school, her teachers and her grandparents. These donut cards are just adorable and so easy for kids of all ages to make.
This is a super flexible craft that can be done with paint, markers, pencil crayons or even crayons for younger kids. Check out my collection of painting ideas for kids for more fun and creative art projects to try!
For this project, I created a printable to make this craft even easier for you. This template is available to my email subscribers as part of my free printable resource library. Sign up to my email list at the bottom of this post to gain instant access.
After confirming your email subscription you will receive a welcome email with all of the sign in details. Scroll down to the bottom to sign up.
Create your own Valentine’s Day Donut Cards
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Donut card printable (available below)
- White cardstock
- Colored cardstock or construction paper
- Paint, markers, pencil crayons or crayons. We used watercolor paints.
- Paintbrushes (if using paint)
- Heart paper punch
- White glue or glue stick
- Black sharpie
- Eye stickers or googly eyes
1. Print out your donut printables on white cardstock. You can get the printable link below.
2. Decide if you are going to use watercolor paint (like we did), markers, pencil crayons or crayons. Really anything will work for this craft. Younger kids might find it easier to use a marker or pencil crayons or even crayons.
Have kids color in their donuts. We used brown for the outside and a bright color for the icing part. Kids can also color in the hearts on the inside page.
3. Next, punch out your heart sprinkles. Have kids pick 2 or 3 colors that they want to use for this. Because you don’t need to use a lot of paper for this part, you can use any scrap cardstock or construction paper that you have on hand.
If you don’t have a heart punch you can always use a small circle punch to make your sprinkles.
4. Using white glue or a glue stick, have kids glue down their sprinkles making sure to leave room at the bottom for the donuts eyes and mouth. They can always add in more sprinkles after.
5. For the eyes, kids can use eye stickers, which is what we used, googly eyes, or they can draw their own eyes with a black sharpie. Once the eyes are glued down, use a black sharpie to draw in the mouth.
6. Add a strip of white glue to the edge of the inside page. Put the donut on top and press down. Make sure the glue has dried before opening up the card.
These donut cards are so fun and easy, kids will want to make more than 1! A wonderful Valentine’s Day craft for kids to give to their friends, family, neighbors, and teachers.
We love creating and exploring with different art supplies and techniques. If you are looking for more art projects to try, take a look at our ultimate collection of amazing art projects for kids!
More Valentines Day crafts kids will love
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin this cute kids craft for later