This 3D Christmas tree paper craft is a super easy and fun Christmas activity for kids! You only need a few simple supplies that you probably already have on hand. It’s a great independent craft that kids can do on their own, although younger kids might need help with the cutting and assembling of the tree.
It makes a great craft for pretend play, my daughter used her tree as her doll Christmas tree. Kids can even add glitter or small embellishments to truly make their tree unique!
If you are looking for more Christmas projects to make take a look at our collection of creative Christmas arts and crafts for more fun ideas!
Create your own Christmas tree paper craft
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Christmas tree and present printable available in my shop
- White cardstock
- Markers, pencil crayons or crayons
- Glue stick
Instructions to make your Christmas tree craft
1. Print out your Christmas tree and present boxes onto white cardstock. You will need to print out two copies of each Christmas tree design for a total of four Christmas tree pages.
Regular printer paper will also work for this craft, but won’t be as sturdy and the Christmas tree might not stand up as nicely.
2. Have kids color in the Christmas tree and presents. We used markers and pencil crayons to color ours but kids can use whatever they like. Younger kids can use crayons to color.
3. Once kids have finished coloring in the present boxes, cut them out and fold carefully along the dotted lines.
4. Glue the tab on one end of the present to the other end like in the picture above to create the box shape.
5. Fold in the remaining sides and tuck in the last tab to close up the box like in the photo above.
6. After the kids have finished coloring in their Christmas trees, cut all four trees out.
7. Fold each tree in half, with the color side on the inside. Make sure to fold the trees carefully so that everything lines up.
8. Glue the folded halves together like in the photo example above. Glue all four trees together to create your 3D Christmas tree.
Remind kids to go slow and line everything up as they glue the tree together. This will help the tree to stand up properly.
I love how this Christmas tree paper craft inspires imaginative play in kids! Kids will love making their own mini tree and playing with it afterward. It’s an easy low prep activity that kids can do on their own.
>> CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY SHOP AND GET THE CHRISTMAS TREE PAPER CRAFT PRINTABLE
More Christmas crafts kids will love
The Cutest Reindeer Painted Rocks for Kids to Make
Make an Easy Egg Carton Snowman Craft Ornament
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin this Christmas paper craft for later
Printable 3D Christmas Tree Paper Craft
This printable 3D Christmas tree paper craft is a fun and super easy holiday craft for kids to make and play with! Kids will love using their 3D Christmas tree and paper present boxes for pretend play.
- Christmas tree printable
- White cardstock
- Markers, pencil crayons, or crayons
- Glue stick
- Print out the Christmas tree printable pack. You will need to print out two copies of each Christmas tree design for a total of four Christmas trees. Print everything out onto white cardstock.
- Have kids color in their Christmas trees and presents. You can use markers, pencil crayons or crayons depending on the age of the child.
- To make the present boxes, cut them out and fold along the dotted lines.
- Glue the tab on one end to the other end to start the box shape like in the pictures above.
- Fold the remaining sides in and tuck in the last tab to complete the present.
- Cut out all four Christmas trees and fold them in half so the colored part is on the inside. Make sure to fold them carefully so that everything lines up.
- Glue the folded halves together like in the photos above. Remind kids to glue carefully and slowly to that everything lines up. This will ensure that the tree stands up nicely.