This Canada Day printable wand craft is so easy and fun for kids to make! There are 5 mix and match designs to choose from and kids can use pencil crayons, markers or even crayons to color in their designs. Put on a bell or 2 and you can also use these as noisemakers!
This paper craft is perfect for kids to make during Canada Day family get-togethers and barbeques and getting ready to watch firework celebrations. We also enjoyed making this 3D paper fireworks craft that is super easy for kids to make and also comes with a printable.
For this project, I created a printable to make this craft even easier for you. There are 5 mix and match maple leaf designs for kids to choose!
This template is available to my email subscribers as part of my free printable resource library. Sign up to my email list below to gain instant access. After confirming your email subscription you will receive a welcome email with all of the sign in details.
>> Scroll down to the bottom of this post to sign up and get your printable.
Create your own Canada Day printable wand craft
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Maple leaf printables (available below)
- White cardstock
- Paper straws in red and white
- Markers, pencil crayons or crayons
- Glue stick
- Metallic pipe cleaners
- Bells in silver or gold
Instructions to make your Canada Day wands
1. First, print and cut out your maple leaf designs. We printed ours on white cardstock, which makes them a bit more sturdy than just regular white printer paper.
There are 3 pages with 2 maple leaves on each page. Two of the maple leaves are blank for kids to draw in their own designs.
2. Have kids color in the designs. You can use markers, pencil crayons, or even crayons. We stuck to red and also used some metallic gold and silver sharpies. But you could add in more colors if you like for extra colorful wands!
Kids can use the blank maple leaf templates to draw and color what they do with their families to celebrate Canada Day. You can even turn these into wishing wands and have kids write down their summer wishes or goals.
3. After kids have finished coloring in their maple leaves, it’s time to glue everything together. Using a glue stick, glue the back of one maple leaf, place a straw in the center and another maple leaf on top. Make sure everything is lined up and press firmly.
Try gluing the top of the straw as well to make the wands stick together really well.
4. Thread a bell (or 2) onto a metallic pipe cleaner and twist around the top of the straw. We used red, silver and gold pipe cleaners but you can use whatever colors you like. Bend the pipe cleaner back and forth. The twisted pipe cleaners remind me of fireworks!
If you want more of a firework feel to the pipe cleaners, you could add in more pipe cleaners and more colors. You can also add in more bells to make them louder when shaking if you are also using these as noisemakers.
I love how easy and customizable these paper Canada Day printable wands are! They are so easy to make and kids will love coloring and designing their own wands to celebrate Canada Day.
More paper crafts you will love
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin this paper craft for later