This back to school memory book is super simple and easy for kids to fill out. Memory books and keepsakes can be overwhelming, so much pressure to fill them out and keep them updated! I myself have partially filled out school books and birthday books for both of my kids that have taken me hours(and hours!), and they are still not up to date.
This book is only 4 pages plus the cover and your child can fill it out by themselves or with your help depending on their age in just one sitting. It’s a fun & colorful design with space to write and draw that can be used year after year to capture those precious memories. And it’s FREE as part of my printable resource library, which also includes lots of other awesome printables! Just click here to start the download process. Once you have entered your email address you will immediately receive my welcome email that has the password to my printable library where you can download the PDF.
Make your own back to school memory book
- Printed memory book
- Paper and a printer (I have this one and love it!), or you can bring it somewhere to get it printed out.
- Pencil crayons
- Hole punch
1. Print out the 3 pages. If you want you can print the cover on a heavier paper but that’s totally up to you.
2. Next, you want to have your child fill the book out. I found it easier to get my daughter to fill it out first before putting it together, but either way works.
3. Once you have the book printed, and it’s been filled out, you need to fold the pages. The last page of the pdf that has space for “Me at my desk” and “Playing outside with my friends” pictures you want to fold inward like the picture below.
4. Next, you want to put the book together. Take the page that is folded inward and place it inside the other page. Now put those pages inside the cover. Almost done!
5. Now to complete the book you need to bind it. So it can be as simple as adding a couple staples, or if you want to get fancy you can hole punch two holes in the middle of the book, thread a colored string through the holes and finish with a bow.
And there you go, you have captured your child’s back to school memories easily and with no stress!
If you haven’t already, you can click here to grab your FREE printable school memory book. Once you have entered your email address you will immediately receive my welcome email that has the password to my printable library where you can download the PDF. While you’re there, download some more printables!
I hope you and your kid(s) love working on this book and that it makes it easy for you to preserve their school memories. 🙂
If you enjoyed this project, I’d be very grateful if you would share it with your friends on Facebook or Pinterest. If you have any questions or comments, please leave me a message below. I would love to hear from you!!
Thanks for joining me, until next time…
Pin for later