Ring in the New Year with this fun & festive wand craft! This is an easy paper craft that requires very little prep work and with 5 mix and match printable designs, kids will want to make more than 1. Plus when you add on a few jingle bells it can also be a fun noisemaker.
We also made a 4th of July printable wand craft for more paper crafting fun!
I created 5 mix and match designs for kids to choose from including a blank star for kids who want to draw in their own designs. I also included an “I wish” star for New Year’s wishes and resolutions.
These printables are available to my newsletter subscribers and are part of my free printable library. Sign up below to gain access to my resource library and get started making your New Years wands.
Create Your Own New Year’s Eve Wand Craft
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Wand printables (scroll down to download)
- Pencil crayons or markers
- Paper straws
- Small craft bells in gold or silver
- String (we used gold) to put on the bells
- Silver or gold ribbon (optional)
- Glue stick
- White cardstock
Related: 3D Paper Fireworks Craft
1. First, you want to print out your star printables. Scroll down to sign up for my newsletter and gain access to my resource library that also has lots of other fun printables for you to use. Print these out on cardstock to make them a bit more durable.
2. Have kids color, write and draw in their stars. We used pencil crayons for ours but you could also use markers or even crayons for younger kids.
3. Once kids are finished their stars, cut them out. Depending on the age of the kids this might need to be done by an adult.
4. Each wand uses 2 stars, so decide which two stars to use for each wand. Using a glue stick, glue the back of one star, put a straw in the middle and the other star on top, pressing down firmly.
5. Thread 3 jingle bells onto your string and tie them onto the straw towards the top.
6. For the final touch, you can add a gold or silver ribbon bow.
This New Year’s Eve wand craft requires very little prep work making it a great craft for kids to work on if you have other New Years festivities to attend to. Kids will have lots of fun designing their star wands and noisemakers to ring in the New Year.
You can click here to sign up for my email newsletter and gain access to my resource library. After signing up and confirming your email, you will get a welcome email with all the details.
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin these wands for later