This 4th of July printable wand craft is so easy and fun for kids to create! There are 5 mix and match designs to choose from and kids can use markers, pencil crayons or even crayons to color in their designs. Put on a bell or 2 and you can also use these as noisemakers!
These printable wands are perfect for kids to make during 4th of July and Memorial Day family get-togethers and barbeques and getting ready to watch firework celebrations. We also enjoyed making this 3D paper fireworks craft that is super easy for kids to make and also comes with a printable.
For this project, I created a printable to make this craft even easier for you. There are 5 mix and match designs to choose from! This template is available to my email subscribers as part of my free printable resource library.
Sign up to my email list below to gain instant access. After confirming your email subscription you will receive a welcome email with all of the sign in details. Scroll down to the bottom to sign up.
Create your own 4th of July printable craft
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Printable templates (available below)
- White cardstock
- Markers, pencil crayons or crayons in red, blue and silver or grey
- Metallic pipe cleaners
- Bells in silver, gold or both
- Paper straws
- Glue stick
Instructions to make your 4th of July wands and noisemakers
1. First, print out your templates onto white cardstock and cut all of the stars out. There are 3 pages with 2 stars on each page. Two of the stars are blank for kids to get creative and draw their own pictures.
2. Using red, blue and silver or grey colors, kids can color in their designs. We used markers but pencil crayons would work as well. You could even use crayons for younger kids.
Kids can use the blank star templates to draw and color what they do with their families to celebrate the 4th of July or Memorial Day. You can even turn these into wishing wands and have kids write down their summer wishes or goals.
3. Once kids are finished coloring in their stars, they can glue their wands together. Using a glue stick, glue the back of 1 star and place a paper straw in the middle. Put another star shape on top, lining everything up and press firmly.
Try gluing the top of the straw as well to make the wands stick together really well.
4. Thread a bell (or 2) onto a metallic pipe cleaner and twist around the top of the straw. We used red, silver and gold pipe cleaners but you can use whatever colors you like. Bend the pipe cleaner back and forth. The twisted pipe cleaners remind me of fireworks!
If you want more of a firework feel to the pipe cleaners, you could add in more pipe cleaners and more colors. You can also add in more bells to make them louder when shaking if you are also using these as noisemakers.
I love how easy and versatile this 4th of July printable wand craft and noisemaker is! This craft is easily customizable to kids of all ages and abilities and can be used to celebrate the 4th of July and Memorial Day.
More paper crafts you will love
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin this 4th of July paper craft for later