These mini notebooks are just the cutest! Using fingerprint art makes them the perfect handmade gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or any occasion. We had so much fun with this project, coming up with cute and colorful designs to decorate the covers.
We love making handmade gifts for family and friends, check out more awesome kid-made gift ideas kids will love to make!
For this project, I created a printable notebook template to help make this craft even easier for you. Scroll down to the bottom of this post to get your printable.
Create your own fingerprint art mini notebooks
This post contains affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. If you would like more information please review my privacy & disclosure policy.
- Printable notebook template (available below)
- Ink pads in a variety of colors
- White printer paper
- White cardstock
- Fine tip markers
- Fingerprint art book (optional, if you need some more ideas)
1. First, print and cut out your notebook template (available below). Use the cover template as a guide to trace onto white cardstock and mark out where the fold lines will go.
Cut and fold the notebook cover.
2. Next, make the inside notebook pages. Use the template as a guide for this as well. Fold a piece of 8.5 x 11 inch paper in half, then fold again so you are creating 4 folded sections. Using the template mark out the cut lines like in the example above.
Cut out your notebook paper. Each 8.5 x 11 inch piece of printer paper will make 8 pieces for your notebook. We used 12 pieces for each notebook because that’s what worked with our stapler.
** Don’t staple or put your notebook together yet.
3. Now for the fun part. Decide on what design you will be making, there are so many fun fingerprint art ideas! Using the ink pads have kids make their fingerprints or thumbprints onto the front of the notebooks.
Give the ink a few minutes to dry before moving on to the next step.
4. Using fine tip markers, kids can finish making their fingerprint animal and then add in some extra decoration. My daughter loved creating her notebooks and decorating them with colorful markers!
5. After the cover is decorated, you can assemble the notebooks. Put the paper inside the cover and make sure everything folds together nicely. You might have to make some adjustments and do some trimming.
Staple the notepaper into the cover and fold the front down, tucking it into the bottom flap.
We had so much fun with this fingerprint art and making them into mini notebooks! They are such a wonderful kid-made gift idea for any occasion.
More arts & crafts you will love
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas.
Pin this adorable craft for later