These wreath ornaments made with paper straws are so bright and cheerful, you and your kids will want to make more than one! They would make great Christmas gifts for family and friends and look absolutely adorable on a Christmas tree.
These ornaments are easy enough for younger kids to do by themselves and are great for working on fine motor skills.
There are so many ways that kids can customize these ornaments. Kids can choose their own straw colors, beads and ribbons to make their ornaments completely unique!
If you are looking for more Christmas projects to make take a look at our collection of creative Christmas arts and crafts for more fun ideas!
Make your own wreath ornaments with paper straws
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you would like more information please review my disclosure policy here.
- Paper straws in Christmas colors and patterns
- Pipe cleaners
- Beads in red, green and white. Make sure that your beads have large enough holes to be strung onto pipe cleaners.
Instructions to make your wreath ornaments
1. Cut your paper straws into eight pieces each, I found this to be the perfect size for stringing them onto the pipe cleaners.
2. Sort all of your straws and beads into containers and lay out your pipe cleaners.
3. Take the pipe cleaners and bend one end, so when kids are stringing their beads and straws, they won’t fall off.
4. Let the kids string beads and straws onto their pipe cleaners, making sure there is enough room at the top to twist the pipe cleaners into a circle. If they put too many beads and straws onto their pipe cleaner, it’s easy enough to just take a couple off.
5. When your kids are finished, take the pipe cleaners and twist them into a circle. My 7-year-old did this step on her own, my 4-year-old needed some help.
Kids will also love: Mini Pallet Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments
6. Take your string and tie it in a circle and then loop it onto your wreath. Make sure you cut the string long enough to hang onto a Christmas tree.
7. Take some of your ribbon and tie colorful bows onto the top of your wreath ornaments where you looped on your string.
These wreath ornaments are super simple and kids will have fun making them! We love using paper straws in our craft projects, this sparkly gold Christmas garland is so beautiful you will not believe that it’s made out of paper straws!
For another fun Christmas ornament project that uses beads, check out these easy beaded icicle ornaments that will sparkle on your tree!
More Christmas crafts kids will love
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing project ideas!
Pin this Christmas craft for later
- Paper straws
- White pipe cleaners
- String for hanging your ornament
- Beads in red, green and white
- Cut your paper straws into 8 pieces each.
- Place your beads and straws into dishes or containers.
- Take a pipe cleaner and bend one end so the beads and straws won't fall off easily.
Let kids string on the beads and straw pieces. Make sure there is enough pipe cleaner on the ends to twist into a circle.
- When kids are finished stringing their beads and straws, twist the pipe cleaner into a wreath shape.
- Tie a piece of string around your wreath ornament, making the string long enough to hang on a Christmas tree.
- Tie a colorful bow at the top of your ornament where you tied the string.